In 2020 there was a slight reversal of a more than 10-yr upward trend in foreign direct investment (FDI) in the Canadian energy sector. However, Canada continues to be an attractive destination for energy investment, as evidenced by the increase in 2021.
- an extensive, diverse, and rich energy resource base
- a stable democratic government
- a sound legal framework for business
- a diverse, skilled, and educated workforce
- an overall business culture strongly aligned with that of its largest trading partner, the United States
- Canada is an adjacent supplier to one of the largest energy consumers in the world